27 June 2021, MAPPA celebrated its special 10th-anniversary stage event at J: COM Hall Hachioji.
At the stage event, Zombie Land Saga Revenge-Zombie Land Saga Revenge-Road to Makuhari was held, and as well as we got to see programs consisting of selected scenes from 31 TV animations and theatrical animations that the studio has worked on so far. And finally, at the end of the event, a long-awaited special video of the movie Alice and Therese’s Maboroshi Factory and the anime adaption of Chainsaw Man was shown. In addition, the teaser visual has been released, and comments from Directors have arrived, so let’s introduce them one by one.
Serialized in Weekly Shonen Jump (published by Shueisha), Tatsuki Fujimoto’s Chainsaw Man has exceeded the cumulative circulation of 11 million copies as of 2021. It won the Best Shōnen Manga award for the 66th Shogakukan Manga Awards in January. Furthermore, not just in Japan, the manga has also been received a quite lot of attention in South East Asia and Western countries as well. In India, it’s still on the trending page this year. Check out the blog here to know in more detail – The Top 10 Trending Mangas In India Right Now According To Comicclan. If you haven’t already started reading Chainsaw Man yet, you can start reading the first few chapters and the latest chapters from the MANGA PLUS offical site by Shueisha here.
If you are in India and want to own Chainsaw Man manga, I have included both links from Comicclan (our official partner !) and Amazon as well.
Viz Media describes the story as:
Production and Staff
- Director: Ryū Nakayama (Black Clover, Jujutsu Kaisen episode director)
- Screenplay: Hiroshi Seko (Ajin, Attack on Titan: The Final Season)
- Character design: Kazutaka Sugiyama (Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation)
- Action director: Tatsuya Yoshihara (Black Clover, Monster Musume: Everyday Life with Monster Girls)
- Chief director: Makoto Nakazono (DARLING in the FRANXX, Little Witch Academia)
- Devil design: Kiyotaka Oshiyama (DEVILMAN: crybaby, Space Dandy, Decadence, FLCL)
- Art director: Yūsuke Takeda (Eden of the East, Vinland Saga)
- Color design: Naomi Nakano
- Screen Design: Yohei Miyahara
- Music: Kensuke Ushio (DEVILMAN: crybaby, Liz and the Blue Bird, A Silent Voice)
Comment from Director Ryu Nakayama-
We will sincerely create a work that many people can enjoy, both the original readers and those who know from the animation.
Alice to Therese no Maboroshi Kōjō (Alice and Therese’s Illusory Factory)
While much about the story is still under wrap, but it seems that it will be a work with a fantasy and realism element set in Japan. The PV looks stunning and the staffs are amazing. Hopefully, it will not disappoint.
Mari Okada is directing the anime at MAPPA, Tadashi Hiramatsu is serving as deputy director, Yuriko Ishii is designing the characters, Kazuo Tochi will oversee the background and finish works, and finally, music composition will be handled by Masaru Yokoyama.
Director Okada commented –
Hey, now the PV for Chainsaw Man getting released was a big deal! Our Twitter handle blew up after we posted the news there! We had been waiting for so long and our excitement knew no bounds when we watched the trailer Chainsaw Man. I hope you are hyped up as well for Chainsaw Man as it is definitely worth the hype! In any case if you have missed the live event, I am adding the link as well.